Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Piece of My Peace

HAPPY HUMP DAY! I really appreciate Wednesdays! Am I giving Wednesdays too much credit? No! Glass half full, we are halfway through the week and instead of pouting that I've got 2 more days, I'm gonna be glad that I've got 2 days out the way! Hello Friday! I see you boo! (lol).
Today's blog challenge topic: The Meaning Behind My Blog Name... Well, I feel as though the meaning has been covered over the past blogs, but I'll touch on it a bit (?). "A Peace of Tam"? I am Tam, Tam I am! (lol). Other than that, I really don't know where to start.... I am Tam and my life is anything but peaceful I guess. But moreso now than ever, I have PEACE!
I used to pray daily for peace. I was in an abusive relationship, I lived in fear, I was unhappy and without joy. I was withdrawn and sad and scared and miserable and unmotivated and tired and depressed and... (I didn't even know it). For awhile (believe it or not), it was bearable. I could take it, I accepted it. I reason that it wasn't that bad and there was some good (there is never enough good to accept that) but I had it in my mind that it was ok and so was I. But of course I wasn't! And it got worse, unbearably, desperate, life or death... I needed PEACE, and I wanted it BAD. Psalm 34:14 "Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." I realized peace isn't about the situation you're in or what's going on, it's your frame of mind/your spirit. It's (to me) a trust, a faith and rest in God, a calm you allow yourself to feel in God, a knowing... (indescribable) Phillipians 4:7 "Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." I wanted that peace, I prayed for it HARD! It didn't happen right away, it definitely got worse before it got better. I felt almost to rock bottom! Who knew? Idk if anyone did. I'm sure my family had an idea, but I had secluded myself so much... *You knew and I didn't listen* But I couldn't let this situation affect my life anymore, I couldn't take it anymore. My prayers for peace were answered before the situation was any different. It wasn't about what I was going through though, it was my faith that God would deliver me from it. I rested in that and allowed myself to feel the calm knowing  John 14:27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.
and...Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
and...John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 
and I could go on and on (and I kinda want to but...)

In that situation (as miserable and horrible as it was), I found peace... (long story on how it all went down, maybe another day...) but eventually it all came crashing down and down and (more down). I can't explain it all but I know that Proverbs 16:7 "When the LORD takes pleasure in anyone’s way, he causes their enemies to make peace with them." (HAHA, take that!) That's the only explanation I have for why it happened how it happened... and I am not going to question it at all! (not one bit, not for a second)!

2 Thessalonian 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

Now I am living my PEACE (so many things, people, and experiences contribute to it) and as I do, I just want to share it with you. Invite you to live in it with me... Can you imagine the JOY and PEACE I feel these days? I love it so much, and I am offering you a piece of my peace.
This is your "Peace of Tam"

2 Corinthians 13:11 Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.

PEACE out!

No comments:

Post a Comment