Thursday, August 18, 2011

Focus on yourself boo!

It's Thursday bammas! *in my Huggie Lowdown voice* Good morning, I have the worst headache this morning and a sore throat is forming. It does not feel good :-( but other than that, I am having a good morning. I slept really good, woke up pleasantly... its a good day! How's everyone else feeling this morning? Glass half full, I hope! Usher~ Be  (I really like this song, have a listen)

I don't have anything specific today and the blog challenge (for some reason), I have been avoiding it. I guess I'll get over it and get it over with: Your View On Homosexuality.
Well, clearly I am in a relationship with a man, so no I am not homosexual. My view on it? Ask me my view on fornication or lying or adultery or stealing... it annoys me to no end how FOLK put so much focus and condemnation on that ONE of many (overlooked) sins. How come the liars and cheaters aren't under such harsh judgement and criticism? Why isn't the fornicator looked down upon and disowned from the family? Do I believe it is a sin? Yes. Am I going to judge them any different than I would someone who stole $1 from their grandma's purse? No... it isn't my $1, it isn't my business! What can I do? I will pray for them, just like I pray for myself and my family and everyone else in the world. But I doNOT believe God is going to condemn them all to hell. He loves us and is gracious and he forgives. Some say, homosexuals don't see what they are doing as sin and aren't repenting so it isn't the same as someone who sins once and asks for forgiveness. Well, thank God he is so righteous! I don't recall seeing anywhere in the Bible (correct me if I'm wrong), where it says the way to salvation is to not be homosexual.

"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead (and commit any sin except homosexuality) , you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10
"For all have sinned (especially those homosexuals!)and come short of the glory of God." Romans
3:23
"God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for (all but those homosexuals) us." Romans 5:8
"He saved (some of ) us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy." Titus 3:5

(of COURSE the Bible does NOT say that!) But I feel some of us add our own clauses into God's word. The rest of us are just walking perfections and can judge everyone else freely (please note the sarcasm...PLEASE).  I understand that everyone is going to have their own opinions (I won't judge you for yours) but maybe we should use a little more grace when dealing with other people.
Something I tell the kids OFTEN: "focus on yourself"
Matthew 7: 1-5 1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
   3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

God is saying "focus on yourself boo!" (TKV) I am going to end in saying this: God knows our hearts. None of us is perfect. Pray for me and I'll pray for you. And be careful when you judge the life of others, "lest you be judged". I love you all and I just want the best for your lives. THE END (oooh a touchy subject) Idk why that was so rough for me. *sighs* Well its done!

Anywhoozle... it is still Thursday, I'm happy about that. Plus, I got a phone call at work not too long ago from my sweet love :) "with a message". Then "the message" proceeded to sing to me. "I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you and I mean it from the bottom of my heart." He just makes my whole heart smile.  I never talk to him so early in the morning when we're both at work... it was such a nice addition to my day:)

You guys enjoy the song too! (minus the J guy singing it to you) But Stevie did it nicely also :)

Everyone enjoy your day and refrain from casting too much judgement on others.... that's my peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment