Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!

Wednesday! You know how I feel about Wednesdays, right? I love hump day! We're halfway there... and although I'm more of a "glass half empty" kinda girl, "at least I know I'm not thirsty" and I know I have more room to fill it! Kinda a positive- negative... there is a silver lining if you open your eyes to see it. Or if you stop focusing on the negative long enough to appreciate the positive.


Which are you? Glass half full or glass half empty?


Don't sweat the small stuff people! Today's blog is inspired by a conversation I was having with someone earlier today. I asked them how they were doing and they responded "I am fine, just blown." Then offered some detail on what the "problem" was, at the same time saying... "I know I need to let it go but I cant." Actually you can... but I fed into it and asked what the problem was as they hoped I would. At (what I thought would be) the end of the explanation, it left me thinking "that's all" and my actual response was "yes, you're gonna have to let that go!" Then came the "buts, and (illegitimate) excuses, the emotions, the self inflicted stresses, the... (on and on) explanations for holding on to this (in my opinion, not so) problem. To which I then responded "get over it boo". I also gave my whole tough love spew (because I do love you)...


You cannot let the little things affect you. What (significant) in life did their behavior change? There are bigger problems in life to worry about. Don't sweat the small stuff, it just isn't worth it. Life is so much more precious than those little moments of annoyance and worry. Life will go on, put it in perspective, weigh its significance and be honest with yourself over how important it really is. It is sad, but you cant change them. You are only responsible for your own reaction. Don't let that take away from who you are, your children, your life. They are happy, don't make it worse by blowing it out of proportion. Shake it off ASAP!
Of course (yet still surprising to me) my tough love doesn't always work and they responded "you know I wanted to give a piece of my mind right" (meaning they weren't hearing a word of what I was saying, still caught up in the emotion of it all!  After that I had to excuse myself from the conversation. "I don't wanna talk about this with you anymore, you're not listening to anything I'm saying. If you insist on dwelling on it... do you boo! just know it isn't healthy, important or good for you or your kids in the grand scheme of things." THE END cause I absolutely wasn't having anymore of it! That is pretty much ver batim what I said (I copied it straight from the chat, lol).
But I'm having a good day :) I will offer my peace but you have to do the work and be willing.


Seriously though, life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it. You cant go through life overreacting to every situation and expecting positive outcomes. You are in control of 90% of what happens to you, so stop sowing all these seeds on discontent and anger and hate and frustration and revenge and malice and... (on and on), then expect to reap wealth and love and patience and joy and health. It just isn't going to happen that way! And really... it isn't worth it! You are wasting precious life moments focusing and stressing over what people do/don't do and say/don't say to you, for you, or about you! LET IT GO and don't sweat the small stuff! Live your life in spite of others people, because (#trust) they are and they aren't thinking that much about you!
I love you and I just want what's best for you. Even better than that, God loves you and He has plans for you. And I'm sure they don't include giving folk "a piece of your mind" over some not so significant foolishness!


Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

#random the dress I have on today buttons from top to bottom, but the buttons are a little iffy (they do what they want). Why the buttons aren't big enough for the hole is beyond me, but if you hear about a woman flashing folk on Connecticut Ave... YEA, it was me! LOL

Happy Hump Day all, enjoy your day and remember... Don't sweat the small stuff! That's my peace

No comments:

Post a Comment