Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

I'm not feeling up to the blog challenge today...

"That person didn't even make it out of the gate, and I chose self preservation and judgement as opposed to grace." ~Sara Buffalo Head-Bell (my cousin in-law in-law) lol

This really made me think... how often am I ready to fight and defend before I offer grace? Why am I always prepared for a war that hasn't even been waged? All fight! "A simple thing becomes a very complex thing in the end." How easy things would dissolve if I were more patient and gracious rather than thinking everyone is out to get me and I MUST be ready to defend myself at ALL times. 

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. (Proverbs 15:18)

I am quick to defend and think the worse, before anyone even has the chance to give me their piece (peace). It's never peace with me, guards up at all times! Guns cocked and loaded, but why? Why is that my first reaction? Not that I don't already know the root of the problem... but I am responsible for the life I am living. I have to take ownership over how I respond to others.  How long do I intend to be a victim? How long am I going to allow someone else's mistreatment of me affect how I treat others? I dont do it intentionally (I promise), but now that I recognize it as my behavior... what am I going to do to fix it? I do not want to lose the people I love, nor do I want to hurt them or punish them. I dont want the people I love and cherish so dearly to feel unloved by me. Is that what I'm doing?

Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. (Colossians 3:12-13 )


My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
(James 1:19-20)

Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly. (Proverbs 14:29)

Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense. (Proverbs 19:11)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:4–8)

I have the problem, I know the answer... only thing left to do is solve it! (and I was pretty decent at algebra! shout out to Mr. Privler, ~OHHS 9th grade)

Special shout out to "SB" for inspiring today's peace of Tam... (I'm steadfastly working on that peace part)

Let's all work on keeping the guns in the holster (baby steps). We'll work on not needing them at all next week! I'm going to make today my Friday, so you all enjoy the rest of your work week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment