Monday, August 8, 2011

Blog Challenge, say what?

Happy Monday gang! I'm feeling good today, how about everyone else? Of course I struggled to get out the bed this morning but it wouldn't be Monday if I didn't! Other than that... I feel good! "dun nuh dun nuh dun nuh duh! I knew that I would now... so good dun duh, so good dun duh. I got you!" (excuse my brief James Brown moment).
I had a good 2 days off, a great yet tiring weekend, and I am looking forward to BYOB club this coming weekend. We're having a field trip to the movies to see The Help. The book club really enjoyed this read and it made for really good discussion. (I guess I should get to planning the theater and time for the movie) I am sooo excited to see it come to life on the big screen! Whoop whoop!
What else? The J guy and I took the kids to Water Country USA this weekend, that was fun times. Water, water everywhere... I don't think I've ever done so much walking in my life. We rode almost every water slide in the whole park (no thanks to the boring kids who just wanted to go to the wave pool). Kids! ppssshhhh... Idk about them, but J guy and I had a blast! I don't think I've ever had that much fun at an amusement park. Thanks to the J guy for "making" me go. 
On a completely different random note: I am really about to kick this weight loss into full gear, enough is enough! I'm sure I've said this before, but the fact that I'm announcing it to you all makes it serious... there's an accountability factor. Don't just watch me fall off the wagon and not tell me. I'm counting on you :) I guess no more late night bowls of ice cream :(

What I'm reading... The Five Love Languages. It explains how people express and receive love differently. If you express love in a way your spouse doesn't understand, he/she won't realize you've expressed your love at all. You're speaking two different love languages. This book helps you learn to speak and understand the unique languages of love and effectively express your love as well as feel truly loved in return. I just started it this weekend, I'll let you know whether or not it was helpful and if I recommend it.

The Blog challenge that I've been unintentionally avoiding... A photo of your favorite place to eat. You know how I do with choices and decisions, not well. But I'll narrow down a few I love



The Chart House restaurant in Alexandria, VA
 The Chart House :) I love this place!!!! I love seafood and I can always count on seafood deliciousness here! This is my all time favorite restaurant (until something replaces it, lol) Everything taste sooo good and fresh and yummy. It is just delightful... definitely overpriced but worth the splurge every now and then! Want to win my affections? Feed me salmon, mashed potatoes and asparagus from The Chart House :)
Chick~fil~A Anywhere, USA (except Sundays)

Chick-fil-A! What can I say? That's some good chikin chicken! I could seriously have their #1 everyday... those waffle fries and a lemonade! Heaven!!! The chicken breast meat is so moist and delicious, the nuggets are good, the sauces are yum yum yum, their shakes (especially that banana pudding one, bring it back!), their soft serve ice cream, the iced tea, EVERYTHING is delightful! Downside? that whole being closed on Sundays business :( I understand but geesh, sometimes a girl wants her chicken sandwich on Sunday! But I love you anyway.

Carolina Kitchen @ The Blvd~ Largo, MD

YUMMY! Carolina Kitchen, is some of the best southern style food ever! I've had almost everything on their menu and there isn't one thing I don't like (although the crab cakes are a too salty for my liking actually). But aside from that... MAJORLY DELICIOUS and reasonably priced too! I could eat here daily, that would be no good for my weight loss plans but for some good ole CK... who cares!






I also really love Ruby Tuesdays, Red Lobster (and those biscuits!), IHOP, Sonic, and I am certain there are an endless amount of restaurants I could name that I love...

Places I really want to try:

The Blue Dolphin
Joe's Crab Shack

That's all your random peace of Tam for today folks! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment