Friday, September 30, 2011

Urgent!

HELLLLOOOO Friday! I love this day. I am tryna plan in my mind all the things I need to do today. I have a class at church, I need to make ice cream cup cakes for Nae's bday (I'll let you know how those turn out) and I need to go to the grocery store... not enough hours in the day.
I need to make a grocery list, first of all, cause I tend to wander around the grocery store without a plan... no good! I want to become one of those people who is sooo organized it's kinda nauseating (my sweet Jules comes to mind). But it is an awesome thing to accomplish and it is my goal. It kinda feels impossible though. You know your personality traits you don't have complete control over (the children's book The Treasure Tree comes to mind) My mom used to read the book, The Treasure Tree, to Jules and I (maybe Kirk too, he is a faded memory in my childhood). I loved this book, it helped show personality traits and how to respect and appreciate each individual for who they are by using animals (a lion, beaver, otter and golden retriever) to display each different temperament. I don't remember which one mine was but I just know organized it was of those traits I do not naturally possess. (I definitely recommend this book for children). 
I am about to make a major attempt to work on that. We're talking lists and coupons and recipes and I really want to scrap book (I've never) and bake more, read more, workout more and start jarring (canning and preserving foods), juicing and revamp my blog a little and still be a functional, working mother (girlfriend/sister/friend). It seems like a big task to take on, almost impossible but I know (not really, just syking myself up...lol), that I am capable. I just have my mind on these things constantly... and it feels URGENT! (everytime I say "urgent", makes me think of the last scene in my favorite movie Love Jones, actually the last minute).
Maybe asking to successfully master all these hobbies is a ridiculously inaccessible task, but what kinda loser would I be if I didn't at least try. One by one if necessary... (I so desperately wanted to add poetry, painting, party planning and puzzling to the list) but we'll start small, think big and meet somewhere at a happy place in the middle.
So now all I need is for someone to buy me a new camera (my birthday will be here before you know it), some new mason jars (w/o the handle), a few puzzles, some fresh fruit, a few new kitchen utensils... and I'll be all set!


I just enjoyed a really good lunch at the food trucks today in Farragut Square, yummy! And lunch lasted all of and hour and a half, so this Friday is really looking up. Still tryna figure out how I'm going to fit life into a few hours but I'm sure it'll all work out! There truly are never enough hours in a day!!

You guys enjoy this weekend. I get to see my friends and family for Nae's bday dinner :) and I'm excited!

I included the last scene of Love Jones just in case you failed to click on the link... (I ♥ this movie!) 

Nina Mosley(Nia Long): You always want what you want when you want it. Why is everything so urgent with you?
Darius Lovehall(Larenz Tate): Let me tell you somethin'. This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you. That's urgent like a mother....



That's my peace!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment