Friday, September 16, 2011

Filling Buckets!

Friday, I LOVE you!!! Happy Friday peeps! I was planning to get right into today's blog challenge... 15 Facts About Me but...

1. I couldn't even think of one! LOL

So... maybe we'll save that for another day. This weekend is looking to be a busy one, but in a good way. Expecting to see alot of my favorite people, so I am excited. Today the J guy is on SUPER, must be the note I put into his lunch. I tell you, add a little note to any one's lunch (kid or grown adult) and you will see an effect. Words of Affirmation (although it is not every one's love language), really make a difference in someone's day. Often times, we assume people know how we feel about them so we overlook the magnitude of actually telling them. But what if we did? Imagine the responses you'd get if you told someone how nice you thought they looked, or how important they are to you, or just how much they affect your life. I try to not forget the little things in life. How the simplest things make the biggest differences. If you don't already do it, try putting a note in your child's lunchbox. Just the simple act of letting someone know you thought about them... oh the joy they feel. This weekend, try focusing on the little things like holding hands, saying I love you, complimenting a friend, or even try all 3 at the same time... (example) "Chelita *grabs her hands* you are so beautiful today, I just love you so much, you really are my bestest friend" *smile, hug*. Look, you just made someone's day and I bet you'll make yourself feel good too. Try it and see.
You guys have an awesome weekend! Make it a point to "fill someone's bucket".

And I sooo recommend the book "Have You Filled A Bucket Today?" for (especially) kids but also for adults.

Through simple prose and vivid illustrations, this heartwarming book encourages positive behavior as children see how rewarding it is to express daily kindness, appreciation, and love. Bucket filling and dipping are effective metaphors for understanding the effects of our actions and words on the well being of others and ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment