Friday, October 7, 2011

Shoe Dreams Come True?

HAPPY FRIDAY! Aye yo! Forreals I'm boosted son! Hype, excited, amped! (Is boosted universal? does it cross racial boundaries? found out today that "cheesin" is not) Anywhoozle. I saw this protest on the way to work... I protested from the car! I'm gonna find me something to protest against and join the march! Maybe I'll start with Al Sharpton's March to the MLK memorial on 10/15... (don't hold your breath on it though, lol). But anyway, it's Friday and I'm always "boosted" about that!

Last night, I went out (with the J, he confuses me on whether he wants to be blogged on or not; "I was there, you didn't mention me" lol) to look for these shoes that I have been dreaming about, envisioning, wanting so desperately. (Thanks J for encouraging {and supporting} my love for shoes!) J, Nae and I began our journey to DSW. I haven't been in there in awhile (so I must admit I was hesitant), but I did venture through their website yesterday on my shoe search (so I was still hopeful). I actually saw a pair on the website that I loved but shoe shopping online makes me nervous (especially after Kai's $80 "design your own chucks" experience) and I like to meet the shoe, try it on, get to know it a little before I commit. You know what I'm saying? Anyway I'm not gonna go into detail over the whole "wandering around the store" experience, but eventually... I did find a shoe. I like it, but (I must say) I am not yet completely sure about them. I'm not in love with them yet. But I did take them home with me and hopefully... soon, the right outfit will happen and I will put those shoes with them and the sparks will fly (hopefully)! Until then... I still feel like a girl on a mission in search of awesome fall fashions. Next up... jacket and purse (and scarves and earrings and hats and...)! :)  


I did see a really adorable hat that I liked. I am sooo a hat girl... I wish I would've thought to take a picture of it to show you guys; but then again, we'll wait til that hat and I are together again for good!

Reading update: Such A Pretty Face by Cathy Lamb is getting better and better. I don't ever want to put the book down. The kids almost didn't have dinner last night. First, I didn't feel like fixing the dinner cause I wanted to read (but I did). Then, I almost burnt dinner because I was reading (but I got to it right on time). AND THEN... plates were about to not get fixed because I was deep into the book (but J gave me the side eye and told me to get on it, lol)! The book is that good! #trust

Well, it is Friday. We finally made it to the weekend. I am about to finish clipping these coupons, make this grocery list and get some actual 9-5 work done. I am pretty excited about some upcoming baking I'm planning to get to (whoop whoop). I'll be sure to update you on how it goes... its hard to find time to get baking done. I can't get up at the crack every Saturday morning. The ice cream cupcakes were easy, I've done that plenty of times... maybe I'll give myself a trial run or two before I share it. We'll see how it goes...

I've got nothing major coming up this weekend. A thing or two here or there, nothing to write home about... but whatever you guys have going on... I hope you enjoy this lovely, sunny weekend. See you Monday! That's my peace!





No comments:

Post a Comment