Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chelita's Cable!

dang it! I don't like to be out of the loop! I like to keep up with what's going on with the world and  books and tv shows... but of course I can't always know everything (J, you ignore this... I know it ALL!). But seriously, I should be watching or I should have at least seen the first episode of Reed Between The Lines. Of course I am living a martyr's life without cable! Dang it! I usually feel like I am surviving just fine without it, and I know I am smarter and raising smarter children because of it. But today, all of a sudden, I felt at a loss. I want to know how the show is for myself. You know (or do you?) how I feel about black television... it sucks! I am not a fan AT ALL! I love my people, but... Tyler Perry is not doing us any favors. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard The Game fan (gonna need to phone a friend when that season starts back up... *ring ring, Chelita answers...*) and The Cosby Show, A Different World and Girlfriends are my all time favorite (black) shows... but other than that, black tv does us no justice. I feel like, out of obligation, I should support Joan and Theo (lol).
But after reading a blog (Happily Ever After: A Positive Image of Black Marriage), and they discussed the show, I feel like I'm missing something. Although a few reviews I read didn't say nice things (bad acting being one of them), I want to know for myself and at least give it a chance. Maybe I can find it online or something (does BET air it's shows online? does anyone know?)
Update: I did find a piece of my competitive bone for the Minute to Win It Challenge and (after getting cheated in 2 challenges), my partner and I got 2nd place! Thank you Sensei Sisson (my 7th and 8th grade Japanese teacher) for the chopstick lesson that allowed me to stack chap stick in less than a minute with chopsticks :) They never even saw it coming. And that piece of a competitive bone I found, has me a little peeved that I got cheated and didn't win 1st place. Who knew I could move an oreo from my forehead into my mouth without touching it? Who knew? We got 'em next time!

I am still not completely moved by Little Bee, but I don't want to give up on it (I hear it's good) and the "know-it-all" in me needs to find out what all the "buzz" is about for myself... (pun intended, lol)

Girl's Night In plans are coming along... I've printed out Michael's (the arts and craps store) coupons for my trip on Saturday (thanks Jules for the reminder and thanks g-ma for the email that I can't get to work). I am still working on (moreso in my mind) being the super (coupon clipping, baking, party planning, reading, blogging, juicing, working) mom/girlfriend, but I still need help and little reminders. Speaking of reminders, I still have not printed out the new chore chart, smh! let me do that now, brb....

Took a little longer than I anticipated. Had to make a few changes on the chore chart. Then Chelita called me, blabbing (lol, j/k). Then she had the nerve to complain that I hadn't blogged in a couple days... well, excuse me! So since she's in such a hurry... here it is! Blame her if I left something crucial out of it! She can be reached at 240-*******. (ha!)

Be sure to read the Happily Ever Blog I referenced (just click on the link). Remember The Days Of “Because I Said So”? had a good story on parenting and giving our children too much say, when "because I said so" is fitting! I loved it!

That's my peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment