Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tam love the kids...

Good Morning! I'm having a pleasant morning so far, I hope the day continues as such. I got to work early again today but this time I snoozed all the way to 7:25am, oh the difference 2 hours makes! I mostly take the train to work so for my commute I try to indulge in a book. Currently, I'm re-reading this book Boundaries With Kids by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend. I've read it before, but I felt I needed to reinforce the information with myself inorder to efficiently carry it out with the kiddies... (knowledge is power!) lol.

Anywhoozle, the topic of the day... a photo of an animal I want to keep as a pet? hmmmm, I am going to hang my head in shame as I say this but... I do not have a love for animals. Go ahead and judge me! It is what it is. Now dont get me wrong, I dont hate animals (other than a strong disdain for cats). I can see a puppy and be like "awww, so cute." I'll even pet him and rub his belly, but then I want to be able to walk away. It's like some people with a baby...oh so cute, hold it and then hand it back. You can love babies but not want one for yourself. Well thats how I feel about animals. So, with this challenge I'm gonna have to call it a fail. I dont want to keep any animal as a pet. Pass! But here's something  for you...

Tam love the kids! :) Here is a photo of some "animals" I would love to keep as pets! hahahaha.

I love my girls... every single last one of them and each individual hair on their pretty little heads!
 
 
And because there are so many kids in my life, I need to know how to handle all the crazy while not going crazy myself. Children do not come with an instruction manual. Despite what they tell you, maternal instincts and common sense dont just happen when the little monsters... I mean sweet angels pop out! Some things do just come to you, but most of it is just experience and learning along the way. No two children are the same but they all need the same things. This brings me back to my current read... Boundaries With Kids. I am not ashamed that I turn to "self help" books when I feel I need some extra instruction other than prayer and the Bible. I am actually proud of my desire to know more and to seek help instead of just winging it and potentionally ruining the lives of children that I was given the job to nurture and raise. "Knowledge is Power" (can I stress that point enough) Only if more folk did that... there would be much less Casey Anthony stories.

I definitely recommend the book Boundaries With Kids for anyone who has children or is anyway connected and involved in the upbringing of a child. It is basically "the help you need for raising your kids to take responsibility for their actions, attitudes, and emotions. Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend take you through the ins and outs of instilling the kind of character in your children that will help them lead balanced, productive, and fulfilling adult lives." 

Learn How To: 
  • set limits and still be a loving parent
  • bring control to an out-of-control family life
  • apply the ten laws of boundaries and consequences for your kids 
... and much more.

You do not have to be in a crisis to benefit from this book. The principles offered apply to all situations, but dont take my word for it. Check it out for yourself!


I hope my piece of Tam didnt totally bore you for the day. As much I want to entertain, I want to help as well... I dont want to be the kind of person who keeps all the info to myself. Raising kids is hard enough, it truly does "take a village." I am thankful for village of friends and family that surround me. How could I not pass on the knowledge... its powerful stuff! Special shout out to Jules, who is my go-to source of advice when it comes to raising children. Oh! the many roles she plays for me ;) And I hope someone realized they are not alone in this "raising kids is tough" battle. I got yo back! If more people admitted they needed the help, more people might actually get it and possibly the life of a child can be saved.


A little something for the road:
  • Through presumption comes nothing but strife, but with those who receive counsel is wisdom. (Proverbs 13:10)
  • A wise man will hear and increase in learning, and a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel. (Proverbs 1:5)
  •  Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning. (Proverbs 9:9)
  •  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7
  • How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding. For its profit is better than the profit of silver, and its gain than fine gold. She is more precious than jewels; and nothing you desire compares with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are PEACE. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her, and happy are all who hold her fast. The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding He established the heavens. (Proverbs 3:13-19)
  • Wisdom is protection just as money is protection. But the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the lives of its possessors. (Proverbs 7:12)
  • I could go on for days!!!!  lol

And that's your peace of Tam for the day... :)
    

    No comments:

    Post a Comment