Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On with the New Year!

Happy Wednesday!!! It's been a while, I shouldn't of left you... without a dope beat to step to, step to! LOL!!!
Hey Everyone, I hope you all had a super Merry Christmas! "Was Santa good to you?" (That's what one of my coworkers said to me today, figured I'd pass it on.) I have to be honest with you guys... I LOVE the holidays, but I am SO glad it's over! SO GLAD! Christmas, as wonderful as it is, is super stressful. I resolve not to be Christmas stressed next year. Aside from the tom foolery of the holidays, I enjoyed mine. The gifts, the time with my family, celebrating my birthday... all good times! Hope all of you enjoyed your Christmas as well. On with the NEW YEAR!
2012 will be here in just a few days. And the end of the year always brings yearly reflection for me... like what was I doing this time last year? and the year before that? Thankful that every year brought some growth and progress. Thankful that I am not where I was just two years before, praise God!!! Hoping that 2012 continues to be a year of moving forward, making positive changes, and living a life pleasing to God. I am excited about 2012! I've got a feeling it's going to be the awesomeness! I get to be a bride this year... that sounds fun, right? Remember the post... Wedding? I'm not that girl... (viewer discretion advised)? Disregard the (viewer discretion advised) portion... but in the 1st paragraph I talk about how I have no visions of a wedding.

"I haven't ever "dreamed" about the kind of wedding I want. I don't have a color scheme picked out, cake flavors, ideal dress, flowers, bridesmaids... nothing!"

Well I think it's about time I start dreaming! (Or better yet planning) I always thought I just wanted to go to the Justice of the Peace, no hoopla, no foolishness... just us making it official. But my J always wanted something more than that, and now so do I. I still don't have a color scheme picked out, but I have been looking at wedding and bridesmaid dresses. And now I am officially excited! I still only want something simple, small and intimate... but there is a vision of something with my very special someone. I swear he brings a different side out of me. The perfect guy for me found me (after much stalking), and now I can focus on the details of a wedding. I've got the most important part all handled... the groom is hot! :) Oh yea, 2012 is about to be AWESOME!!!

On with the NEW YEAR!


You want to know what else I'm looking forward to in 2012? (don't laugh or judge me!) The Hunger Games MOVIE, March 23, 2012... If you didn't know, the current BYOB (book club) read is The Hunger Games, and I thought it was an amazing book. I never wanted to put it down. I loved it so much, I went on ahead and finished reading the whole series. I loved every minute of it and I highly recommend this book to all ages! Our book club meeting for The Hunger Games will be held on either January 14th or 21st, so you still have time to start reading and join us. Then look forward to the movie coming out in March. I highly recommend you read the book before you see the movie. Movies always ruin it for the book, they are never as good. I cant think of one instance where the movie prevailed in content over the book. Not The Help, not The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo... and on and on! Those are just the most recent disappointments I could think of.


I so wanted to post the trailer for the movie, but I know I didn't want to look at it until i finished reading the series. I'd hate to ruin that for anyone else! But if you don't care and want to watch the trailer (click here)

So many wonderful things to look forward to in 2012... ON WITH THE NEW YEAR!!! :)

A Happy New Year to everyone! If I don't talk to you again before New Year's Eve, enjoy your New Year but please drive, drink and think responsibly.

That's my peace!!




No comments:

Post a Comment