Friday, December 9, 2011

"Stockings were (not yet) hung..."

It's Friday!!!! oh yea! I don't know what the weekend holds, but I know who holds the weekend... Do you guys know that song from The Sounds of Blackness? (only "weekend" was substituted for "future"). Anywhoozle, I don't really have a topic today. I just felt like I should say hello, check up on you guys. Maybe share some updates...


I am midway through The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and I must say, I like it alot. It's not typical of most (really any) books I read. Not really into futuristic/ sci-fi/ fantasy, but nevertheless I am thoroughly enjoying this read. I hope everyone is joining me in reading this book and Ilook forward to seeing you all at the next BYOB meeting. There are sequels to this book, (although BYOB doesn't usually go through sequels, for the sake of newcomers) but I intend to read the others in my spare time.
Yes! it is that good so far.


I don't have a set plans for the weekend. I am intending to go on the hunt for the Tamika Day outfit... I'll let you all know how that works out. I have something in mind, but I don't want to spoil it just yet. Especially since when I visualize the outfit in my mind, I am tall and thin. In reality, I am neither (kinda working on one). But I am still creating a positive vision of myself in this certain outfit. Cross your fingers I can even find it, let alone look stunning in it. Maybe I should take an (HONEST) friend with me...
Regardless, I am sure there will be pics (if I can get it together and remember to photo the moments), and I will make sure to post them so you all can ooh and ahh! That's just how I do!


Last night, while J was at band practice, I took that time to decorate our family Christmas stockings (compliments of J). He's so special... And I do actually have a picture of the nicely, if I say so myself, personalized stockings. We only accidentally left Kirk out, but we'll get him one before it TOO LATE! lol... (dramatic) Only thing left is to have "the stockings hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon will be here". But that's J's job, I did my "artistic" part!


I gave myself a heart to match Kai's heart and cause I LOVE all of them...
Jerry was at band practice, so he had nothing.
I guess he can tell me later :)




























Ikaia asked for a heart by her name
Nae asked for a music note
  
Jaz wanted a star by her name, I did my best!
*singing* It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... at the Brawner house! Our tree has been up since the weekend after Thanksgiving, I shoulda taken a picture of that! Kai did an excellent job working with what she had, but in my opinion our 7 1/2 foot tree could use more ornaments!
It's still very pretty and Christmas will be here before you know it! Which is scary because I have been Queen Procrastinator when it comes to Christmas shopping. I've gotten a very minuscule amount done and I only have 15 full days left! But I am certain that I will be productive soon, I work best under pressure... so NOT! But it is what it is...


Jada and Jalynn were in bed when the stockings were done, they can tell me what they want by theirs later...
  Happy Tamika Days everyone!


That's my (Christmas stocking) peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment