Friday, March 1, 2013

A Better Daughter: Day 1

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I'll make it quick today. So it's no secret that raising my twleve year old has been a struggle. My daughter, oh! how wonderful and beautiful she is, is getting quite difficult as we creep into her teenage years. She is over dramatic, disrespectful, selfish, lazy, condescending... and that mouth! Lord help me! I have to remember she is my preteenage baby, not some disrespectful skank off the street. I can not fight her "non-violent, non-violent", that will get me absolutely nowhere.

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." ~Ephesians 6:12

My fight is not with her anyway... It is against these spirits that are trying to consume her, win her over into the world. I have been working to raise a child of God; a loving, respectful, giving, focused, responsible young lady. And I thought I was doing a good job. Actually, I KNOW I was doing a good job... but the devil, he is a crafty sucker... he is trying to win people over to help do his destruction. Oh but GOD! He is powerful and now that I know what I'm dealing with (thanks Gigi), I know I need to win her back with prayer, love, kind words, firm discipline and consistency.

This morning I sent her a text message:



In hopes that seeing God's words and reading for herself what God expects from her maybe, just maybe, it will sink in on a different level. More than my ranty preaching sessions that she's clearly not hearing. I am not forcing it on her, just making it readily available for her to access first thing in the morning. What a way to start the day, eh?
As always, I am trusting. The Lord has done too much for me, for me not to have faith and believe in his power!

I am searching for my peace that comes with having an obedient, well behaved daughter. I will not rest... :)

Love, Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment