Monday, November 14, 2011

Speaking of...

Good Monday morning... today, I'm going to have to fake it til I make it. I am not in a good mood today and I don't feel like myself. Crazy thing, I cant even pinpoint the problem. Do you ever feel like that? Like you just can't pull yourself out of your bad mood, even when you can't directly determine what caused the bad mood. Well, I just feel STANK! And I feel like being quiet and uninterrupted unless you know exactly what I need to feel better. Otherwise, chances are any attempt to appease me will only further irritate me. Is it just me? I sure hope not! My crazy wants some company (this time)... don't judge me!

I want to be in a better mood, maybe I should try harder. I have alot on my mind... you would think that would make for good blog conversation but it really all just seems jumbled in my head.

I had a good weekend. Spent good QT with my sis and our girls at a bday party. Had a good time at a ladies night where we discussed everything from black women and stereotypes to parenting to relationships... it was good grown up talk as always. Had dinner with J and his mom on Sunday evening. It is always good to see her... she is a very sweet, smart woman. I see where J gets it from. I love her for raising her son into the perfect man for me. She is definitely a winner in my book!  Speaking of books...
I am pressed to read The Five Languages of Apology. I need to figure out my own "apology language", so I can tell a certain someone how I receive an apology. Right now, I only know what is NOT working... After reading the synopsis of the book, I am excited to get started. Now all I need is the book! Do I hear the next BYOB club book? Maybe. Speaking of BYOB...
Book club is this weekend, I feel so unprepared. I need to do a little re reading of Such A Pretty Face, it seems so long ago that I completed it. I need a refresher! Guess I should prep a menu in my mind for the refreshments. Looks like I'll be in the grocery store this week. Speaking of menus and grocery stores....
Thanksgiving is next week! Woo hoo!!! Did I tell you I was hosting our families' Thanksgiving? Yay me! I am excited to have my and J's family over for our first Thanksgiving all together! I need to buy a turkey ASAP! I actually have a whole list I need to knock out! Anybody have an extra table I can use? Idk how I'm going to fit all these folk into my house... we'll see! Our family does a potluck Thanksgiving... everyone brings something, so no one person gets overwhelmed with the whole feast! I'm on turkey duty, along with mashed potatoes, the cranberry sauce and some desserts. I know for sure one dessert is a mud pie (YUM!) but haven't quite decided what other dessert to prepare. Maybe I'll reattempt the mini apple pies... maybe! Speaking of apples...
Gigi bought the game Apples to Apples. I've never played before but we're going to bust it out next week and see how it goes with the family... hopefully no fights break out over a board game, but with my CRAZY family you just never know!

So as you can see, I've got quite a bit going on. First things, tryna pull myself out of this funky mood (Lord, help me!)... find this book so I can read up on apologies, get prepared for book club this weekend, get my Thanksgiving grocery list in check, and read up on how to spank my fam in Apples to Apples!

I hope no one else is suffering from the case of the Mondays... if so, SNAP OUT OF IT! And I will work on taking my own advice. Enjoy your day! "Mondays are not for the weak!"

That's my peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment