Thursday, November 10, 2011

He Went To Jared's...

Good morning (prob afternoon by the time I'm done)! Hello! How is everyone doing today? good, I hope! Me? How am I doing? (you ask) *Smiling* I'm AWESOME! thank you for asking. I am living my peace, I am overjoyed about life, love and the pursuit of happiness! :)

If you haven't already heard through the grapevine, the J guy (THAT J guy )!! Let me set the scene for you...

It was early Tuesday morning, the sun had not yet risen and greeted the new day. All was quiet in the house, except for that J guy's heart... He was awake and contemplating the moment. (he thinks to himself) "She is so beautiful laying there asleep. I love her so much, and I know I don't want to live another day without her in my life. In fact, I can't even imagine going another moment without her knowing that she is the love of my life." He gets down on one knee along the side of the bed, wakes up his glowingly beautiful girlfriend and professes the desires of his heart to her as he displays a beautiful ring. She is fully awakened now as her eyes cannot deny the beauty of the treasure presented before her. And as she wipes the crud from her eyes and adjusts the bright yellow scarf on her head... HA! she realizes she looks a hot mess and any man who chooses this moment to decide she is the most beautiful woman in the world and still wants to spend his life with her... is definitely a KEEPER! So she says yes, they kiss (smooch smooch smooch) and he leaves for work... lol!
That same day at work, I tell my bestest about the events of the morning in an email and she calls me like... "WTW? He was supposed to do it at dinner!" Well, he apparently couldn't wait for dinner, cause I am the BOMB.com in my bright yellow scarf and he just couldn't hold it any longer. Taahaahaaa! So the proposol, as sweet and heartfelt and amazing as it was, got reenacted later that night at dinner  (just for the sake/and my need for photo visual memories)

People let me tell you bout my bestfriend... He is so loving and kind and amazing and patient and although I am not an outward display of affection kinda girl... he makes me want to smile everyday and I am jumping up and down on the inside, screaming, back flips, the cabbage patch and so more! I love me some him and well, I am HAPPY! And it's been a long time coming. I can feel the peace marinating over me, it feels good. And I am not looking for or expecting perfection... I just plan to enjoy this rollercoaster of emotions, appreciating every moment, soaking in knowledge, learning love and patience and "living with confidence"!
I couldn't give you guys all the details of the moment. I want to keep pieces of it just for myself to cherish, but I didn't want to leave you out of it either. I hope you appreciate this piece of my peace.
If you have any idea of what I've lived through, endured and am still working through... GLORY, HALLELUJAH! God took me through what he did, so I could see the glory in this moment. Had it happened as easily as I thought it should, I don't think I would even be here. I would not have appreciated the kindness in his voice, the joy in his smile, or the love in his heart that he, so generously, offered to me. So... thank you Jesus for the rough times, they made me strong and taught me how to show mercy, offer grace and (Lord knows) I needed work on my patience. Thank you for showing me what your love really looks like... not that faux, manufactured bottled up version of it I was accepting from those phony, emotion deprived, artificial characters. And thank you, especially, for giving me the discernment to recognize your love in that J guy and opening up my heart to be willing to accept it. What I know? "If I traveled all around the world... there can never be another you."


 1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

That's my (overjoyed) peace!

he liked it...


so he put a ring on it!


2 comments: