Thursday, March 1, 2012

Die Trying!!!

What's up? What's up? WHAT'S UP???? How has everyone been? It feels like forever, right? I don't even remember the last time we were here together. But we're here now and that's all that matters. I've missed you. What's been going on?

A week ago, I was down and out and almost dead with strep throat (s/o to Gigi for taking me to the Urgent Care), it was beyond rough. I could barely move my body, and let's not even talk about swallowing... *tears* Thank God for healing, I'm glad it's over and I am feeling much better. The day before I knew I was going to be dying, I'd decided to do this GM's Diet . I didn't let a little strep throat stop me though! I actually think it made the 1st day much easier, what was I trying to eat with a super sore throat anyway? NOTHING! I went ahead and carried out the cleanse as planned and it is exactly a week later, I did it! I am proud to announce I am 8 lbs lighter. It was not an easy task, there are moments when I wanted to throw the cleanse out the window! Let's say Day 3, Dinner at Carmine's.... but I just kept reminding myself that "only the strong survive." And I am definitely among the strong. Also, while I was dying (exaggerated for dramatic effect), I watched this documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, its about a guy who was fat and sick and... lol. Well, he wanted to not be fat or sick and dying so he went on a journey to get his health and body under control by "juicing". For 60 days, he converted all his meals consisting of only fruits and veggies into juice, that is all he ate drank every meal. The documentary follows his journey and progress. To say the least, it was inspiring (even J was inspired) and... I have since bought a juicer. I am going to shoot for 7 days of juicing, not sure if I am going to do every meal just yet but I'm working out the details of it all yet but my plan is to start on Sunday. I'll do my best to document exactly how it goes for me, wish me luck! Get Skinny Healthy or Die (trying)!!!


BYOB! I have began reading the book club choice for this month, The Five Languages of Apology by Dr. Gary Chapman. He is the same author of The Five Love Languages, I'm sure I've discussed that book in another blog. But they are both life changers, eye openers, good jump starts to enhancing all relationships and I highly recommend them both. Check it out! (literally) if you don't want to invest in the cost of the book, you can/should pick it up from your local library. Knowledge is POWER! Apologize or Die (trying)!!! READ or Die (trying)!!!
Today is the first day of March... we are that much closer to the opening of THE HUNGER GAMES!!! You don't think I forgot about this do you? I am still waiting with serious anticipation. It is going to be legen (wait for it)... DARY! I am siked, amped, hyphy! lol (don't judge me). I seriously can not wait! I have since gotten my niece and daughter to read the book. We are gonna be up in there DEEP! It isn't too late for any of you to be apart of this monumental occasion, there's still time for you too to get caught up in the thrills of The Hunger Games. :) Your choice! Let me get on this ticket purchase before I'm left standing in the cold... "may the odds be ever in your favor."  Survive or Die (trying)!!! Dang, I'm hyped!!


I am excited about this upcoming week... some time with Kai, juicing, wedding planning progress, The Five Languages of Apology, more weight loss, time with friends, always J and Nae. I am sooo loving my life right now :)  Live or Die (trying)!!!


That's my peace!


Love (or die trying), Tam


Happy March!

1 comment: