Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where You Been?

Happy February, Happy Black History Month, Happy Thursday!

I've missed you, where you been? Oh! Where I been? Just living and working... like a Hebrew slave. LOL! No really, Idk what's been going on with me but I have been real MIA. I hate to say it, but its hard to blog when everything is going so AWESOMELY! I have nothing to complain about, nothing to vent on, no worries... I've got Jesus, my J, good kids, a happy family, supportive friends... and ON and ON! Life is just grand. I mean, I have had my moments of... blah, but nothing to lose my head over. Some wedding stresses here and there, but I'll take that cause guess what? I'm about to be married! Even better than that, I'm marrying the love of my life :) and it doesn't get any better than that.
what else? I have been procrastinating the heck out of deciding on the next BYOB club book... so much pressure! I don't know what I want to read. The Five Languages of Apology are at the top of my list, but I feel like I may be the only one (other than Jules) interested in that. I don't want to be a selfish book club leader. What is everyone else reading?

I have not baked anything in awhile. Jules did give me a cake challenge for her birthday, doesn't she know I don't do cake?! That's her thing, she's the one that got the stand mixer for Christmas, all I got was a cupcake calendar (that I re gifted to her!) I was thinking about making these football brownies in honor of the Superbowl this weekend. I talked myself out of having something at the house, I just don't feel like it. Thinking, planning, cooking and then cleaning up after.. just too much! So, idk what I'm gonna do for the big game on Sunday... sit on my couch and watch on my own screen (eating my football brownies)? Sounds like a plan! haha.

Valentine's Day is coming up! I love LOVE! I don't need flowers or a gift (although they are nice and much appreciated) but I don't need any of that, I get Valentine's Day everyday in my house. I do believe the day is over commercialized, hyped up and leaves a bunch of ladies feeling depressed and disappointed... it's just one day boo! I love you, God loves you, love yourself and let it go! I always get something for my girls. I want them to know they don't need to be expecting some Valentine from some dirty little boy, mommy loves you more than any of them ever could! I don't want to hear nothing about none of you sitting in the house cause you can't find a date for Valentine's Day. You hear me? And I'm not just saying this because I already have mine! This is "24/7, Jerry or not" Tamika! I know all about love and it is NOT because of J (sorry babe), but... I know who first loved me. Not my mama, Lord knows not my daddy... God did! And he loves you all too. In honor of Valentine's Day this month, I am going to give you some LOVE straight from the source:

Romans 8:38-39
And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.


So, if the idea of the Valentine's Day season get you to feeling blue, remember that God is LOVE and he wants you to be his Valentine.
 I think that may be it for today! I hope to share some LOVE with you up until Valentine's Day, a little something something to get you through. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day, almost to the weekend! Whoop whoop!!!

That's my peace!
Love, Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment