Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Just Tam!

Good morning beautiful world! I always start off my post talking about how much I've been slacking, then I apologize, then we get back together and we're both happy only for me to slack off again and start it all over again. So here I am, once again apologizing for my absence.. I know you've been wondering what's going on with me, curious to how my life's been treating me. Well, wonder no further.

It has been a speeding train Countdown to Mrs Brawner! It all seems to be going by so quickly... especially this last week. There are only 5 more days til I am officially Mrs. Brawner (no, not Keys-Brawner... he wasn't having it!). How do I feel? Ready! Not nervous or anxious, not scared and hesitant, but excited and definitely ready! I have to admit (and I'll only say this here), I am not confident about the technicalities of the day. You know, all the decorations and vendors and details... I don't trust any of that. I have no idea if the day is going to go smoothly, I am actually expecting it not to. I don't know if Uncle Pookie will have a seat or get enough to eat. I don't know if the photographer will capture all the right moments. And I don't know if it'll be a fun party and everyone will have a good time. I can not control any of those things, and I decided that I am not going to even try to. I refuse to be stressed out on that day. Because what I do know is... at the end of the day, I am marrying my best friend (no, not Jules and Chelita sillies). I am going to be Mrs. Brawner! I am going to bask in the day, try not to stress over details, and enjoy becoming his wife. What else even matters at this point?

I will have my girls beside me (and they are all awesome), my precious daughter with me, my friends and family all there to support and congratulate me... and I don't need anything else. I am excited!

This weekend was a whole lot of hectic and a whole lot of fun! I wrapped up wedding day details with my aunt and the coordinator and I also bachelorette partied my life away! This 4-day weekend was the perfect weekend for a bachelorette party because I seriously NEEDED that extra day to recover. I hung out with my bestest girls (minus a few) and focused on my last full weekend as Tamika K. Idk how well you know Tamika Keys, but she was an awesome girl, we will all miss her. But she is coming back better than ever, new and approved. After all is said and done, even after I become Mrs. Tamika B... no worries, I will always be just Tam.

I am about to be on Wedding Day crunch time... most likely, the next time we're together I'm going to be a married woman! Watch out now!!!

I hope you guys enjoy your week. Keep cool and don't act a fool! (I may not take my own advice this week, sue me!)


That's my peace~  (just) Tam!

No comments:

Post a Comment